Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Pretty This 'N' Pretty That was doing what we usually do....makeup! Dominque was gracious enough to volunteer to be PTNPT's supermodel of the day. One of the co-founders of PTNPT gave Ms. Dominque a fabulous makeover. Of course she used Pretty This 'N' Pretty That's own make up to do it. The Money green shade popped so amazingly like it always does. The Hot Pink eye paint also worked as a lipstick! One word: Fabulous!
Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Summer is almost here, and it is time to get wild and daring with your make up. Create this look by using a bold and sparkly green shadow (such as Pretty This 'N' Pretty That's eye pain in Money green). Then, add lashes and mascara. Finish the look with your favorite gloss or lipstick. Then, it is off to people watch with the girls. However, with this look, all eyes will be on you!
Monday, May 19, 2014
Converting your hair from chemically relaxed to natural can be frustrating, but don’t give up! When I first transitioned from chemically relaxed to natural, I didn’t have as many resources to help me as there is available today. Now, there are several products and blogs that give helpful tips on the transition phase.
Here are some helpful tips that you can use during your transitioning phase.
1. Keep your ends trimmed.
2. Style your hair in low maintenance styles that does not require your hair to be bone straight. My favorite was getting rod sets. Some people braid their hair or get twist and let them down. That requires patience, so if you try it then make sure you are really up for it.
3. Keep your hair moisturized.
4. Detangler is a must!
5. Keep a wide tooth comb. I like to comb my hair in the shower when I wash my hair. It just seems easier to comb your hair with the detangler freshly in your hair.
6. Don’t put too much heat or strain on your hair. Again, look for styles that don’t require a bone straight look.
7. Get some helpful tips from blogs. There are a lot of blogs out there with very helpful tips and support.
Remember not to give up. Give yourself time to really learn your hair in its natural state.
Check out these blogs: